HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cath Lab Supply Chain Technician, Corpus in Corpus Christi, Texas
The Cath Lab Supply Chain Technician is responsible for promptly putting away all supplies within the Cath Lab, reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max inventory levels, as well as emergency supply requests. The Cath Lab Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):Receive, deliver, and put-away of all Cath Lab supplies in an accurate and timely manner, and deliver to appropriate department(s), and perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
Performs inventory management for the Cath Lab. Evaluates the appropriate Min/Max levels, reviews Min/Max for storeroom stock daily. Count par level areas (POU areas) according to schedule. Processes returns appropriately per approved policy.
If applicable, ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes, ensure items are cross referenced in Optiflex, rotate stock to ensure no items are out of date, react appropriately to POU "critical point" messages and stock outs, provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns
Works flexible, rotating shifts when required.
High school diploma or GED is required
- Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
· Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
· Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
· Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
· PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
· Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
· Working knowledge of hospital supplies
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: *
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force and 50 lbs. of force frequently to move objects, and lifting papers or boxes up to 50 lbs. frequently. Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
- OSHA Category - *
The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Job: *Materials Management Supply Chain & Logistics
Title: Cath Lab Supply Chain Technician, Corpus
Location: Texas-Corpus Christi-Corpus Christi Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08750-14896