Matrix Service Company Field Project Controls in Corpus Christi, Texas
TitleField Project Controls
DescriptionThe Project Controls Manager will report directly to the Division Manager, Projects Controls and is responsible for the development, execution and supervision of the Cost Control, Progress and Performance, Scheduling and assigned personnel for various
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
• Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of all cost control, reporting, scheduling, and underlying procedures and systems.
• Insure that proper systems are developed, maintained and employed that provides project and operational management the required tools to manage multiple capital projects.
• Development of the cost and work breakdown structure that converts the estimating data into a work breakdown structure, cost control, forecasting, reporting, scheduling / resource planning systems, change management and basis of quantity management.
• Assist in the development of project specific tools to forecast quantity, hours, cost, as well as track changes from conceptual estimates through the execution of the project.
• Assist in the project set-up and close-out work process to ensure adherence to Company standards and contractual requirements.
• Participate in project level revenue recognition exercises, ensuring practices are aligned with management expectations.
• Participate in preparation of monthly and quarterly project reviews and forecasting.
• Interface with the client’s Project Controls and Project Management personnel to understand, develop and provide required project reporting.
• Oversee the quantity management consolidation and reporting process with Field Engineer and Discipline personnel for progressing, estimating and monitoring and reporting quantity growth.
• Utilize both internal company systems and client systems for analysis and reporting.
• Perform field audits, confirming project progress, sequencing, quantity installation, as well as project variances.
• Interface with interdepartmental and home office to define site project reporting structure and reporting requirements.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• 8+ years of relevant Heavy Industrial Project Controls experience.
• Ability to interpret contract terms, conditions and exhibits as applicable to project requirements.
• Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction practices.
• Experience managing multiple groups and working with various deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills with the ability to gather and organize large amounts of data from various sources.
• Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Primavera scheduling software.
• Familiarity with Penta Accounting software is a plus.
• Varying work schedule and occasional overtime may be required.
• Ability to travel as required.
This position may require occasional travel and extended workdays.
This position will support various project locations across the United States.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability,
veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or genetic information.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.