MV Transportation Fleet Services Technicians in Corpus Christi, Texas
Now Hiring FLEET SERVICES TECHNICIANS*We want YOU to join our TEAM - Start your career with MV Transportation today!!*
MV Transportation is seeking Fleet Services Technicians for our Corpus Christi division to perform routine maintenance and repairs on all fleet vehicles and shop equipment and facility. The Technician is required to perform all other duties as required and needed to operate the maintenance department within reason to their scope of ability or as directed by the Maintenance Manager, General Manager and MV Support Staff.
- Experience in a professional automotive mechanical environment or can show reasonable capabilities to perform these duties.
- Able to do all mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repairs on vehicles such as engine and transmission replacements, suspension, heating/air conditioning, drivability, electrical and wiring problems.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work alone and able to perform without constant or immediate supervision.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
- Must have technical competence with light / medium duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Required to complete all related documents legibly and in a timely manner.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- Must perform all other duties as required and needed to operate the division or as directed by the division management.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Must 21 years old.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must pass and maintain a DOT physical.
- ASE certified preferred. If not certified, must be willing to get certified.
- Must have graduated high school or equivalent.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule.
- Must be willing to take training courses as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type: Automotive, General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/3/2018