MV Transportation Utility Worker in Corpus Christi, Texas
MV Transportation is seeking a Utility Worker to assist the maintenance department with the upkeep of the fleet, shop and operations facilities, as well as, provide assistance with the documentation of activities related to vehicle maintenance, fuel, and parts inventories.
- All vehicles completely fueled and fluids topped, ready for service at various times of day.
- Fuel and fluids inventories tracked and monitored.
- Fuel logs maintained accurately and up to date for each vehicle and type of fuel/fluid.
- Vehicle interiors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle exteriors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, body-fluid kit, first aid kit) fully stocked and functional.
- Vehicles parked according to facility parking plan.
- All fleet damage documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in the case of unreported damage.
- Fuel island maintained and kept clean, any spills contained immediately and reported to the appropriate personnel.
- Work area maintained according to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Office, break and restroom areas cleaned and trash disposed of properly.
- Maintain adequate stores and accurate inventory of cleaning supplies required.
- Provide assistance as necessary to shop staff in keeping parts inventories accounted for as well as in procurement of necessary parts for fleet and facility maintenance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations related to shop and office conditions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for the local fleet type.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- General mechanical and/or carpentry skills.
- Ability to read and write and understand basic directions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type: Automotive, General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/4/2018