Kiewit Corporation Novice Structural Welder in Ingleside, Texas
Date: Apr 18, 2018
Location: Ingleside, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73423
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
Perform welding work involving a high degree of precision and the use of hand welding equipment. The welding processes used are FCAW-S, FCAW-G, TGAW, GMAW, SMAW, and SAW. The employee is expected to climb and work in high places that may exceed 200 feet in height and also work in confined spaces. The employee must work overtime, nights and weekends as required by the workload.
The person hold this position must have a high school diploma or GED, must preheat and weld metal components as specified by blue prints, welding symbols, job specifications, or welding procedures, must demonstrate proficiency in welding processes, must have 3 – 5 years welding experience, and must pass a practical weld test.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Welding, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, MIG Welding, Manufacturing, Engineering